Sales Account Manager - Automotive (m/f/d)
The Sales Account Manager will further develop our existing relationships with some of the most prestigious organizations in Germany as well as develop new business. You will work closely with local and international marketing and technical experts to bring the full range of the MATLAB and Simulink products and service offerings to our customers. If you have experience selling complex software solutions preferably into the Automotive or Higher Education sectors, this could be an exciting next step in your career. You will join a committed and enthusiastic team in a highly-profitable, privately-held, world-class software organization, in a fast-growing market.
- Achievement of revenue targets; New Product Sales (NPS), Software Maintenance and Services (Training and Consulting).
- Exploit The MathWorks existing market leadership and outstanding reputation within your territory by leveraging all relevant information sources and personal networks to proactively develop business. Rigorously follow up and prioritize all qualified leads provided by marketing or sales support; energetically prospect for new business opportunities.
- Work closely with potential customers at all levels to understand and leverage users' requirements and management business issues.
- Work closely with MathWorks Customer Engineering teams as resources to understand and explain the features and capabilities of our products and methodologies relative to the customers' specific needs.
- Ensure that The MathWorks sustains knowledge of your industry in terms of major projects, procurement methods and relationships between prime contractors and the supply chain.
- Gain access to and influence the appropriate decision makers to manage any evaluation processes in order to pursue business opportunities through to a successful conclusion.
- Take ownership for the relationship between customers and all departments within MathWorks.
- Gain in depth understanding of the current and future needs of target accounts and develop and implement medium and long-term account plans to realize the potential.
- Maintain comprehensive contact, lead and opportunity details on MathWorks CRM database.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in Germany.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience is required.
- M.Sc. or BA degree in an Engineering, Science or Business discipline
- Software sales experience in the Automotive sector is preferred
- Fluency in German and English
- Experience balancing new license volume with strategic sales opportunities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here