Sales Support Representative - German -located in Galway, IE
Why you’ll be excited by this role…
It is almost unimaginable to think of a technology that has not been influenced, impacted and in many cases made possible by MathWorks software. Your mobile phone, your social network, your TV streaming service, even your take out! MathWorksis the software that is accelerating the pace of engineering and science.
It is an exciting time to join MathWorks as we establish, develop and grow our shared sales & services center in Galway, Ireland. As an Education Support Representative, you will manage to closure the assigned new revenue opportunities, as well as focus on driving revenue growth through achieving or exceeding customer engagement standards in our maintenance renewal programs and products.
You will work on a diverse, multicultural team of representatives that are aligned with sales representatives in a team selling environment to achieve individual and/or team goals.
What you will be doing….
- Develop and close new license sales opportunities from qualified leads and inbound customer inquiries
- Qualify opportunities to understand customer needs, decision makers, budget and purchase timeframe
- Communicate the value of MathWorks products and license offerings associated to customer business requirements
- Manage opportunities through the sales process and prioritize activities aligned with appropriate sales stage
- Prepare quotations and maintain an accurate monthly and quarterly forecast
- Collaborate with territory Sales Reps on key account strategies and apply defined escalate process as needed
- Manage timely closure of the assigned annual maintenance renewal contracts and incorporate lapsed maintenance opportunities into selling strategies
- Proactively contact customers and explain the product and support benefits of continuing maintenance services
- Educate customers on purchasing options via web store and consolidations
- Identify and manage add on or cross sell opportunities by closing business or transferring to appropriate sales representative to achieve the sale cycle
- Prepare quotations as required and ensure accurate information for efficient processing of orders and investigate and resolve discrepancies
- Ensure accurate customer data and sales activities are collected and entered into CRM system to advance the sales cycle
- Respond to inbound sales related inquiries
- Manage large, complex quotations
- Demonstrate strong forecasting and funnel management of your assigned territory
- Contribute to and support the territory plans in conjunction with sales representatives
- Participate in funnel meetings as well as planning and delivery of sections of the annual territory and account plans
- Partake on projects with local and international project team members
What you are really good at…
- Selling. Consistent overachievement of sales and productivity goals
- Responsiveness. Has a can-do attitude, is customer centric, displays empathy, and is quality focused
- Being strategic, creative and focused. Ability to multitask, strong sense of urgency, willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Taking care of the details. Is accurate in recording information clearly and concisely. Highly proficient computer, analytics and social networking skills
- Communication. Exceptional persuasive verbal and written communication skills with excellent telephone skills and a high level of attention to detail
- A bachelor's degree and 1 year of professional work experience is required.
- A bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years post university experience, 1-2 years customer facing experience
- German: highly proficient in both spoken and written (C1)
- Exceptional persuasive verbal and written communication skills with excellent telephone skills and high level of attention to detail
- Understanding of forecasting and funnel management practices
- Completion of sales and/or phone skills training
- Proficient working with a CRM system to facilitate lead qualification and advancement of sales cycle
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Experience working in fast-paced, disciplined, process oriented, sales environment
- Additional language skills/multilingual desired
- Worked in a shared sales & services or global business center preferred
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here