Registration for MathWorks Minidrone Competition at Deakin University 2022
Must be completed by the team leader
Completion of this form is required to request software for the competition. MathWorks will respond within three business days. If your request is approved, you will receive instructions for downloading the software and distributing it to your team members.
* Indicates required information
Your message has been sent.
- Enter your email address
- Sign in or create a MathWorks Account
- Provide additional information
- Submit form
Terms and Conditions – MathWorks Minidrone Competition at Deakin University 2022
These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) govern your participation at the “MathWorks Minidrone Competition, Deakin University 2022” (the “Competition”), promoted by The MathWorks Australia Pty. Limited (together with its affiliates, “MathWorks”) together with Deakin University, to take place virtually in 2022.
Participation and Conditions of Entry:
How to Enter:
- The Competition will have two rounds. Round 1 will be a simulation round, and Round 2 will be held virtually.
- All team members must currently be an enrolled student at a degree-granting educational institution in Australia.
- Each team member must register on MathWorks’ website at https://www.mathworks.com/academia/student-competitions/minidrones/deakin-submission-form.html.
- Teams must have a minimum of two people and a maximum of four people.
- MathWorks employees are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Once the registration form is completed and reviewed by MathWorks (typically within 72 business hours of MathWorks’ receipt), teams will receive instructions on how to participate in Round 1 of the Competition.
- In Round 1, teams must submit a simulation model via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM EST on August 23, 2022 to be considered for Round 2. Only one entry may be submitted by each team. Up to seven teams will be selected to participate in Round 2 of the Competition.Only one entry may be submitted by each team. Up to seven teams will be selected to participate in Round 2 of the Competition. In order to participate in Round 2, these top teams must: (i) submit a five to seven minute video describing the approach used to solve the Round 1 problem statement via email to email@example.com by 5:00 PM EST on October 10, 2022; and (ii) have the team captain present at the virtual event to be held on October 26, 2022.
- An overall winning team will be selected on October 26, 2022.
- Participation is free and no purchase is required. MathWorks will not pay or reimburse for travel or accommodation.
- By submitting their entries to the email address noted above, each team agrees that such entries will be shared with MathWorks and all other judges. Round 1 of the Competition will be judged by MathWorks engineers. Teams will need to use their modeling skills to refine a Simulink Model. The most efficient and fastest models will be selected for Round 2. Finalists invited to participate in Round 2 will be announced on September 23, 2022. If two or more entries receive the same winning score, the corresponding submitters will both move on to Round 2.
- In Round 2, the videos submitted by each team will be streamed on the virtual platform, and MathWorks engineers, professors from Deakin University and the virtual audience will ask the team captains questions about their team’s submission. Teams invited to participate in Round 2 must have the team captain present at the virtual event to remain in the Competition; thereafter, Competition results will be judged solely based on the simulation performance of the teams in Round 1. If two or more entries receive the same winning score, the corresponding submitters will receive the same prize.
- Decisions by the judges are final.
- The first, second, and third placed teams will receive a prize of a trophy and a certificate. The team captain must attend the virtual event on October 26, 2022 to be eligible for a prize. If any of these teams is not in attendance, their prize will be awarded to the next-placed team.
- The names of the top three winning teams and their team members, along with the name of the school they are affiliated with, may be announced on the websites, and/or, the social media accounts (which may include without limitation Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn) of MathWorks and/or its affiliates.
You will continue to own any applicable intellectual property rights in your submissions, but by entering a submission, you grant to MathWorks a perpetual, worldwide royalty-free license to, without limitation, post the textual descriptions of the submissions on any website owned by or affiliated with MathWorks. Once you enter a submission, the submission cannot be modified in any way until after the judging period is complete.
You also agree to provide your submission directly to MathWorks, and grant to MathWorks a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, copy, modify, distribute, and license others to use, copy, modify, and distribute your submission, or any portion thereof, for any and all MathWorks promotional purposes, on any and all media, in any and all formats, and via any and all modes of transmission, distribution, or dissemination, whether now known or hereafter developed. Nothing herein shall obligate MathWorks to exercise these rights. You hereby waive any right of inspection or approval of the uses to which the submission may be put. You grant the judges the right to use your submission for the purposes of judging this Competition.
You warrant and represent that: (1) you are of eighteen (18) years of age or older, and have the capacity to enter into this agreement; (2) you are not an employee of MathWorks; (3) you have full right, power, and authority to grant these rights and permissions; and (4) your submission a) is original; b) is solely owned by you so that no other party has any rights or interest in the submission, whether known or unknown; and c) does not violate the intellectual property, common law, or any rights of any third parties. You agree that these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and MathWorks, and supersedes all prior communications and/or understandings, whether written or oral, pertaining hereto. You agree that this agreement will be governed by and construed under and in accordance with the laws of Australia. This Competition is void where prohibited. This Competition is promoted by The MathWorks Australia Pty. Limited, Level 6, Tower 2/475 Victoria Ave, Chatswood NSW 2067, Australia and Deakin University, Melbourne, Victoria State, Australia. Proof of purchase is not required, and purchase will not improve your chance of winning.
You can also select a web site from the following list:
How to Get Best Site Performance
Select the China site (in Chinese or English) for best site performance. Other MathWorks country sites are not optimized for visits from your location.