These Terms and Conditions govern your participation in The MathWorks, Ltd. (“MathWorks”) Student Robot Challenge.
Participation and Conditions of Entry
How to Enter
- A representative from each team should register at www.mathworks.co.uk/academia/contests
- Registration for this contest is open. The closing date for entries is 20th November.
- Maximum of 4 people per team.
- Each team member must be registered as a student at University of Oxford.
- Participation is restricted to a maximum of 10 teams and places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Participation is free.
- All entries will be judged by MathWorks engineers. An automated system will score teams based on speed to complete the course. There will be qualifying rounds and the team to complete the final course in the fastest time will be the winner.
- Full instructions and judging criteria will be supplied on the day of the event.
- Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third placed teams
- Winners must be in attendance at the event to collect their prize. In the event that the winning team is not in attendance, first place will be awarded to the second placed team. There is no cash alternative.
- The top three teams will be announced on the MathWorks webpage, Facebook and Twitter.
- Decisions by the judges are final.
MathWorks reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or terminate this contest for any reason, including in the event of any act or occurrence that it believes would corrupt the integrity, administration, or fairness of the contest.. By participating in the contest, you agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless MathWorks, its respective affiliates, and any individuals engaged in the development or execution of this contest, from any liability, claims, losses, and damages arising out of or related to your participation in this contest or the acceptance, use, misuse, or possession of any prize received in this contest.
You will continue to own any applicable intellectual property rights in your submissions, but by entering a submission, you grant to MathWorks a worldwide royalty-free license to, without limitation, post the textual descriptions of the submissions on any website owned or affiliated with MathWorks in perpetuity; and once you enter a submission, the submission cannot be modified in any way until after the judging period is complete.
You warrant and represent that: (1) you are eighteen (18) years of age or older; and (2) your submission is a) original; b) solely owned by you so that no other party has any rights or interest in the submission, whether known or unknown; and c) does not violate the intellectual property, common law, or any rights of any third parties. Proof of purchase is not required.
You agree that these terms will be governed by and construed under and in accordance with English law. This contest is void where prohibited.
This contest is promoted by The MathWorks Ltd, Matrix House, Cambridge Business Park, Cambridge, CB4 0HH, UK.