Fancy racing robots? Come and take part in the MathWorks Robotics Challenge!
MathWorks is hosting a Robotics Challenge at the University of Oxford and giving you the opportunity to pit your technical skills against your fellow students. Apply the theory and skills you’ve learned in the classroom to a hands-on challenge using MATLAB and Simulink. Your task will be to programme a LEGO MINDSTORMS Robot to complete a 2D navigational challenge in the fastest time.
LEGO kits and laptops with the necessary software will be provided.
How to Enter
Registration is closed for this event.
- Registration closes: 20th November
- Competition date: 29th November
- 9:00 Registration
- 9:30 Welcome and Introduction
- 10:00 Preliminary tasks
- 12:00 Lunch
- 13:00 Final challenge
- 16:00 Head-to-head contests
- 17:00 Prize giving and close
- All team members must currently be enrolled at University of Oxford
- MathWorks employees (including those on an internship) are not eligible
- The winning team will be notified on the day of the event and must be present to collect their prize
- The top three teams will be announced on the MathWorks webpage, Facebook and Twitter
- An automated system will score teams based on speed to complete the course. There will be qualifying rounds and the team to complete the final course in the fastest time will be the winner.
- Full instructions and judging criteria will be supplied on the day of the event.
- Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third placed teams.
- Proceedings on the day of the event will be videoed and content will be shared as MathWorks deems appropriate. By registering for the event you agree to be included in any video footage
- Decisions by the judges are final
- See full terms and conditions