System Requirements - Release 13
Choose your Operating System
- CD-ROM drive (for installation)
- Netscape Navigator 4.0 and above or Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 and above is required
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.0 or above is required to view and print the MATLAB online documentation in PDF format
- Some license types require a license server running FLEXlm 8.0d, which is provided by the MathWorks installer
- TCP/IP is required on all platforms when using a license server
- A parallel port is required for licenses that require a hardware lock
- Because of problems with the Java VM, there are limitations for MATLAB on the HP and IBM platforms.
Windows SpecificFor Release 14, the next major release, Windows 98 and ME versions of the Windows operating system will no longer be available.
|Processors||Disk Space *||RAM|
|XP||Pentium, Pentium Pro, II, III, IV, Xeon PIII, AMD Athlon, Athlon XP||90MB (MATLAB only)
215MB (MATLAB and Online Help)*
|2000 (Service Pack 1, 2 or 3)|
|NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5, 6, or 6a)|
|98 (Original and Second Edition)|
Compilers (for MEX Files)
- Compaq Visual Fortran 5.0, 6.1 or 6.6
- Microsoft Visual C/C++ version 5.0, 6.0 or 7.0
- Borland C/C++ version 5.0, 5.02
- Borland C++Builder version 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 or 6.0
- WATCOM version 10.6 or 11
- LCC 2.4 (bundled with MATLAB)
- View an up-to-date list of supported compiler versions from vendors
- 8-bit graphics adapter and display for 256 simultaneous colors (minimum)
- 16, 24 or 32-bit OpenGL capable graphics adapter (strongly recommended)
Other Recommended Items
- MS Windows supported graphics accelerator card
- MS Windows supported printer
- MS Windows supported sound card
- Microsoft Word 8.0 (Office 97), Office 2000 or Office XP is required to run MATLAB Notebook, MATLAB Excel Builder, and/or Excel Link.
* Disk space varies depending on size of partition and installation of online help files. The MATLAB installer will inform you of the hard disk space requirement for your particular partition. Installation size will be determined by the installer and can vary for FAT, FAT32 and VFAT formats.